Friday 26 August 2016

Low Syn Apple & Cinnamon Flapjack

I bought some fat free quark the other day and had absolutely no idea what to do with it.  In the end I decided to try put it to good use and combine using it up with trying to make flapjacks, not an easy feat if you’re following slimming world!
Low syn apple & cinnamon flapjacks
To be fair, there isn’t really going to be a comparison to flapjacks with their syrup and butter but as far as a low syn version goes this is actually really good.  The whole cake is only 3.5 syns (if you didn’t have your HEB) and 9.5 if you did.  Depending on the size slices you cut it’s going to be 1-2 syns a piece – pretty good on reflection.

You don’t have to use apple, you can just have sultana, you could use raspberries – whatever you like.  I had apples in the house and they needed eating so they were thrown in on a bit of a whim.  Personally I don’t syn cooked fruit and never have, it has not slowed down my weight loss nor has it made me struggle to stay at target but to be fair I don’t eat a lot of cooked fruit, just what you see here and in Weetabix muffins.  If you do syn your cooked fruit (like you’re supposed to) please add that to the total.

Recipe is here, hope you enjoy!

Kathy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment